Customizing GIMP windows and behavior

Hi,

I am new GIMP.  We are looking to extend GIMP to
fulfill some functionality required by our users, and
one of the them is to be able to open an image in
three windows, where one window will be the active
image which allows the users to add additional paths,
and other objects.  Adding anything to this image will
also add the paths and objects to the second window.
On the second window, if the user add any paths or
other objects, it just remains in this window.

Regards,

Desmond