Re: rectangle select tool specification

On 8/11/06, Kevin Cozens <kcozens@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One feature I miss about the current crop tool is something I'm used to from
the 2.2 GIMP. I have a habit of using the selection tool to mark a region
then, when I pick the crop tool, use the "From Selection" option to set the
crop limits based on the currently active selection.

I suppose I could get used to not having this option in the tool box (or a
menu item to do the same thing) but it would be a nice feature to have back.

Doesn't this essentially do this for you? I may not fully understand what you are attempting, but  you can click inside the current selection, adjust selection/crop then do a Image->Crop to crop the image "from the selection".

you click inside
an existing selection, then a new, modifiable rectangular selection is
created, whose bounds are just large enough to completely enclose the
previous selection.

--
Tim Jedlicka, bonzo@xxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.galifree.com