Re: Is there a way to update the cursor position from within a tool?

Quoting Karl Günter Wünsch <kgw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

That's why I would like to update the cursor position after all of the calculations are through to reflect the results.

Are you saying that you wish the pointer to be forced to the calculated corner of a (aspect ratio) constrained mouse movement? If this is what you mean then I am almost certain this is contrary to the GNOME Human Interface Guidelines (http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/index.html).

Pointer movements are supposed to track mouse movements. If you are dragging the mouse along the X-axis, to have the pointer follow a Y-path that is a function of the X-position (and not determined by the mouse's Y position) breaks everything that users have ever experienced in using mice.

My apologies if I misunderstood you. If such is the case, perhaps you wouldn't mind providing a clarification.