Is there a way to update the cursor position from within a tool?

I have a problem. Because of the aspect pegging in the rectangle selection
tool the cursor position and the corner of the area can move asynchronously
because of rounding effects in conjunction with the set aspect ratio.

That's why I would like to update the cursor position after all of the
calculations are through to reflect the results.

regards
Karl Günter Wünsch