Re: Re: It's getting worse... Now I really wantthe old rect selection tool back!

Hi Karl,

  Part of the reason you haven't seen much response is that I have
been on vacation for the past three weeks -- Karine and I have done
the bulk of the coding for the new rect=-select tool.  I'm not sure
I have completely caught up with what you have done, but here are
my thoughts at the moment on the aspect ratio question.

I think that if there is already an existing rectangle in an image,
then you can still do what you did previously:  enter a number for the
width, a number for the height, and click the "fix aspect" checkbox.
This will not work if there is no already-existing rectangle, but I
don't see any great difficulty in making it work.  Would that be an
adequate solution for you, or does your workflow require something
different?

  -- Bill

Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu