Re: panning

On Thursday 06 July 2006 04:48 pm, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 11:27 -0700, John Waugh wrote:
> > I got no real response to the below question on gimp-user, so I
> > guess it's time to start editing the source (:
> >
> > I would like to either
> > 1)  add a new 'pan' tool, to which I could then assign a key
> > -or-
> > 2) somehow remap the middle mouse button to a key. Or more
> > accurately, have a key perform the same function as the middle
> > mouse button, but hopefully not *lose* the middle-mouse
> > functionality.
> >
> > Any opinions on which would be harder, or pointers how to
> > accomplish either ?
>
> I would suggest that we finally implement it the way that has been
> suggested here multiple times. Let's get rid of the Push-Move-Tool
> feature that is currently bound to the Space key and use the Space
> key for panning.

Why not create a pan tool that could be pushed with any other key?
Why not just make it configurable, instead of getting rid of the
current functionality?

I am a heavy user of the push->move feature, and I know of other
people who are.

There are 105 keys on the keyboard - and both features are a good
thing to have with push functionality.  I do not care if the move
push is changed to any other key, and space be left to pan. But I
care about loosing the current feature.

> Sven

	JS
	-><-