Re: Old and new [Re: new default icon theme proposal]

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:01:00 +0200
> From: Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx>
> To: Alan Horkan <horkana@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: jimmac@xxxxxxxxxx, Not Photoshop <gimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Old and new [Re:  new default icon theme
>     proposal]
>
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 09:54 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
>
> > Will the old icons be offered as a seperate theme set?
>
> If someone wants to create such a theme, we might consider to include
> it.

I was thinking that if Jimmac created his new theme independently -
something he might have already done - it would remove any need to delay
its introduction.  The theme could be added now it could be made the
default later when it was completely ready.

If you are happy to make it the default in the next release then it
wouldn't be worth doing any extra work.

> I would suggest however that is it being shipped as a separate package.
> Perhaps we could have a package gimp-themes and one of the themes it
> provides would be "Classic"

Could it be included in gimp-data extras, might save you having to create
another package?

--
Alan