Re: Gimp-python: Artefacts when creating layer

On Sunday 04 June 2006 02:45 pm, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 11:58 -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
wrote:
> > For C plug-ins  that might be true. However, python plug-ins are
> > not good in dealing directly with pixels - that is, for rendering
> > things.
>
> There is no need to access pixels directly. We are not asking the C
> programmer to iterate over the pixels and clear them directly.
> Calling gimp-drawable-fill is sufficient, no matter what language
> binding is being used.

That was not what I meant anyway. The matter is: the only advantadge
of not having a layer automatically cleared when it is created, is
sparing somw cycles if you are generating the layers content.

Generate the layers content from within thew python code is something
that, although can be done, is so slow, that the time spent
auto-clearing the table becomes negligible.

It may look as a single extra line of code for us.  For one trying
with the scripts, it is one more "secret" to be found or overcame,
that might not take negligible time. That is the motive for my
suggestion.

	JS
	-><-