Re: Suggestion: Make the 'New layer'commanddefaultto 'New lay

I think like this:
For maximum workflow, one should be able to do as many things simultaneously as possible, wouldn't you agree with that?

Then it follows that having to use two hands is less effective than using one hand. Exactly _what_ is being done by the other hand is not important, more important is that _it can do anything_ (Scratch yourself in the head, hold a paper, or just rest).

From: "Alexandre Prokoudine" <alexandre.prokoudine@xxxxxxxxx>
To: GIMPDev <gimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Make the 'New layer'commanddefaultto 'New lay
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 16:32:05 +0400

On 5/17/06, Martin Nordholts wrote:

Having to use two hands instead of one is a dramatic loss of workflow IMHO.

What is the second hand doing then, if not being on keyboard?

I'm really curious, because when I'm using GIMP/Inkscape/Scribus, my
left hand is _always_ on keyboard, mostly in the Ctrl/Shift/Alt area
(try drawing a vertical gradient at 90 deg without using Ctrl) or
switching between tools.

Alexandre