Re: Re: SOC - brush system

Hi,
weskaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (2006-05-07 at 1754.05 -0700):
> > New tools? Why not improving the basic brush system (sometimes with
> > artificial limits, see animated brushes workflow or pixmap scaling)
> > and let all tools make use of it? Erase, airbrush and so on...
> To refresh people's memory, Philip is the person who wrote
> the code that lets the transform tools preview inside the
> image, along with a number of other fancy things.  He doesn't
> even really need mentoring -- but if the SoC program could give
> him enough support to let him devote his summer to GIMP coding,
> I think that would be a good thing.  (It is also compatible
> with the SoC rules, as long as he is a student.)

You refreshed my memory and confused my mind, as I am just pointing
that new tools sound silly, when a more general brush system seems the
solution. Take ink tool, I think it could have been done by just set
the brush tip to react to things like speed and angle, and any tool
would benefit, be paint or erase or whatever. So no idea how my
phrases could trigger your comment or why you quoted them. ?:-|

GSR