Re: Compiling gimp under debian with gimp-print support

Frédéric writes:
> I successfully compiled gimp-cvs under my debian testing, but without
> gimp-print support.
>
> What do I need to install to get it ? I can't find any gimp-print-dev or so
> package...

When you're searching, be sure you use a search that would catch
both "gimp-print" and "gimpprint", e.g. aptitude search gimp | grep print.

But it's likely that they've switched to gutenprint (new name, same
project), and although there's a libgutenprint-dev package (at least
here in Ubuntu), GIMP's configure script is only set up to look for
older gimp-print headers, not the newer gutenprint ones.

My understanding is that the gutenprint gimp plug-in is now expected
to come from gutenprint, rather than from gimp. (Maybe someone else
can clarify that.)

In any case, it does work to build gutenprint from source
(http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net/ ... and yes, the page still
says Gimp-Print, but if you click on Download you'll find the
gutenprint releases. It's all very confusing). Make sure that the
gimp2 print plugin is enabled (I believe it is by default,
at least if you have the gimp dev headers installed). Then the
plugin will be built in the gutenprint source tree for use with
your CVS gimp.

	...Akkana