Re: Comments on gimp's interface

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 01:48:18PM +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> > There's the option to put double-left-click on one of the buttons.
> > If you do that, you can't have both MMB and RMB also available.
> > If you don't, all is fine with panning.
>
> So it this considered GIMP's fault or tablet's fault?

Either the fault of who ever set such defaults (where I don't
remember the linuxwacom defaults, but i think on windows double-click
on the lower button was default), or the user who keeps or makes it
that way.

One could say apps shouldn't rely on MMB. But there are so many
features and options to have especialy in media applications,
that working around this is too hard, when everyone can easily have
3 "buttons".

Now one could argue space should be for panning like in Photoshop,
not move tool. I prefer middle-click drag for panning, anyway.

Cheers,
Thorsten Wilms