Re: GIMP at LinuxTag 2006?

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 10:13:29AM +0100, Sebastian Laube wrote:
> Am Wed, 8 Mar 2006 01:05:42 -0800
> Carol Spears <carol@xxxxxxxx> babbelte:
>
> > On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 10:32:45AM +0100, Roman Joost wrote:
> > > I met Wolfgang Drotschmann from the LinuxTag e.V. at the Chemnitzer
> > > LinuxTage last weekend. He kindly asked, if the developers or users of
> > > the GIMP want to present the project at the upcoming LinuxTag in
> > > Wiesbaden. The LinuxTag will help us of providing chairs, tables, beamer
> > > etc.
> > >

> > question....
> >
> > what is a beamer?
> It's a box with a very light lamp inside. It will create a picture on a
> wall (like a over head projector).
> e.g. epson emp 600.
> Maybe beamer is the "german" word for it, like handy for mobile phone...

thanks for everyones response to my question.

in united states, most typically "beamer" is used as a nickname for a
certain type of car and probably there is other slang terminology that
this term is used for.

overhead projector makes more sense in this sentence than all of the
other options.

thanks
carol