Re: support for the PSD

Reaching PS6 compatibility would such a great goal. I know a lot of creatives using just PS6 or 7 and i can't renember that any of them has problems about reading files of newer version like CS1 or CS2. My self getting a legal version of PS6 at work and didn't get any problems neither.

A standard that is always activated in the PS preferences is "Always maximize Compatibility for Phtotshop files" and i do not no anybody that deactivating that.

I personal believe that there is no real change of the file format since PSD 6.0. The fact that Adobe does not publish the PS6 SDK (which includes the file format informations) anymore is a hint for that.

BTW the SDK is available on other sites on the net i posted the url at the beginning of that thread. This SDK includes sample code too and requires windows.