Re: Extended input devices in 2.3.x

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 18:35:26 -0500
"Larry Battraw" <lbattraw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   I've tried 2.3.6 and 2.3.7 and neither seem to work with extended
> input devices (It always says none exist when I try configuring them).
>  2.2.10 works fine and has no problems with my tablet.  I didn't use
> the configure option to disable extended input devices when building;
> is there another dependancy/option I'm missing or is it broken in
> 2.3.x?
Extended input device support is a feature of GTK and not of GIMP
(although haven't seen 2.3.x series, maybe something changed there).
The extended input device setup dialog is a standard GTK dialog (see
gtk_input_dialog_new()).

Try the scribble-xinput example application from gtk source tree; if it
works and in GIMP the dialog says 'no extended input devices' then it
indeed seems a GIMP problem.

--
Greetings,
   Andrew