Re: [Gimp-user] 2.4 schedule estimate?

Hi Simon,

Selon Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Having written some software in the past, I know this is an unfair
> question, but I'm interested in the color management that's slated for
> 2.4. Can anyone point me at a time (rough waving damp fingers in the
> air) estimate for when that might be released?

gimp-developer is a more appropriate forum for the question (although I hope
that everyone there is also here). I haven't been involved in GIMP development
for a while now, so I can't really tell.

> Alternatively and also, anyone using the 2.3 version (described as
> unstable) which is available? Is it reasonable to try to use that?

I would say yes. It's not feature frozen, but it's already quite usable.

> Does
> the color management part of it work? And is the CM part likely to
> remain constant, or is it subject to total rewrite, rendering my
> learning and calibrations/profiling wasted?

It's pretty much finished, as far as I know.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary