Re: old GIMP screenshots wanted

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 07:27:04PM +0100, Axel Wernicke wrote:

> a week ago I translated a chapter of the GIMP manual that is dealing
> with the GIMP history. Given the fact that this is about ten years of
> open source and contribution involving lots of lots of people I was
> curious if there aren't a couple of screenshots from the early stages
> of GIMP (versions prior 1.2) available. So, if you have such an old
> image or even have one of the ancient versions up and running
> somewhere I'd be really happy if you would mail it to may. If
> possible a note on which version the screenshot shows and from which
> platform it was taken would even enhance the fun of it.
> So, if there is anybody who want to help and possibly see his own
> desktop see published in the manual send me an email.
>
> Since bin attachments are for good reason not wanted on this list
> please send it to axel . wernicke AT gmx . de

we actually did this for federico a few weeks ago on the irc.

http://www.xcf.berkeley.edu/~gimp/gimp.html
http://www.xcf.berkeley.edu/~gimp/features_0.60.html
http://www.nuclecu.unam.mx/~federico/gimp/
http://www.nuclecu.unam.mx/~federico/gimp/gradient-editor/shot.jpg
http://www.rru.com/~meo/gimp/Tutorial/intro.html
http://www.xcf.berkeley.edu/~gimp/tutorials.html
http://www.beastwithin.org/users/wwwwolf/graphtips/gimptutorials/
http://www.disordered.org/GimpPlaque.html (no screenshots here)
http://empyrean.lib.ndsu.nodak.edu/~nem/gimp/tuts/ <--links to many old
  tutorials potentially with screenshots.

i actually just did a better job for you than a bunch of us did for
federico.  heh.

carol