Re: Patterns

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 09:25:39PM +0300, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 12/28/05, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:
>
> > So - developers, what do you think might be the best approach? To
> > update the patterns that come with the program thenselves or make
> > additional collections available?
>
> First of all, man http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php/About
> and http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php/Shared_resources#Patterns
> :-)
>
> GIMP can already render SVG patterns via librsvg. That woul be one solution.
>
> Another solution would be providing a separate package of new
> high-quality textures. High-quality means macro with good (possibly
> excellent) lighting. We have some experienced photographers here,
> right?
>
> Feel free to start a new working page at create's wiki.

you know what?  i love pixel art.  the soft edges and the blotchy
reality of real life.  sure, i am glad that gimp can stroke paths nicely
now.  but what about the pixel?  vector art will make such clean edges
on everyones computer that the real world will become so disappointing.
all for what?  scalibilty and cleanliness?  crap.  fonts gone wild.

does the create group want some space on the gimp planet, btw?  i was
sorry when i saw all of the self linking going on there.  it is like a
perfect circle made in points on the computer....

let me know :)

carol