Re: P.S.

Michael Schumacher wrote:
Building GIMP isn't hard. Getting the build environment working is the
harder part, and something you'll have to do for plug-in building as well.

There's a section in the wiki covering this
http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/HowToCompileGimp/MicrosoftWindows

In can be very difficult. It took me a while to be able to succeed in getting a build environment for Windows. The problem is in locating and downloading all the packages that are needed. The scripts that supposedly downloaded everything needed were out of date or incomplete. Unfortunately I didn't keep accurate enough notes to determine the main stumbling blocks. If the mood takes me, I may start from scratch again some time and carefully document my steps in order to get a better guide to setting up a build environment for Windows.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: