Re: cvs-version install(?) problem - please help

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 09:39:11PM +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> On 29 Nov, Carol Spears wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 06:24:30PM +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> >>
> >> Yes, thanks. So the next questions is about a "high level" changelog.
> >>
> > define "high level" and how it is used to describe a changelog?
> >

> In levels
>
> -    end user visible
> -    visible for a user who writes a script
> -    visible for a user whu writes a plugin (C-code)

one of the problems with that is that we do not know exactly how the
menus will be in the 2.4 release.  there is some usability project,
however it seems that this project has too many UI experts from way to
many schools for anyone to be able to determine what the menus will look
like.

i barely have enough time myself to write the tutorials, participate in
the splash contest, try to keep the gimp planets from being hacked,
remain friends with the gimp developers, use the toilet, answer personal
email from people who are trying to use gimp for good projects, find
some food, sleep and then actually do the things i would like to do with
gimp....

there are a lot of people who want things.  there are a lot of other
people who are riding for free.

what you have is a development version.  there are many more promises
about the stable version and things are at least more clearly outlined
for the average user.  i will make certain that there is some thing
online for the stable version if and when it is released.  making
certain that all this stuff you need is covered might extend the date as
it is reasonable to expect something like this for a stable release.

thank you for trying out gimp and sharing your needs here,
carol