Re: [Gimp-developer] Colorizing Images and Video by Scribbling

Their page says
"Our method is based on a simple premise: neighboring pixels in space-time that have similar intensities should have similar colors"

I assume this to mean you need the "timing information of the stroke", similar to data needed for recognizing handwriting.

While I am not sure of the GTK low-level API for such a "capture", a plugin using such low level functions would have to re-implement the non trivial functionality of drawing the stroke (colors, brush, what-have-you ...), which is pointless.

I was asking if any of you see a better way to implement such a method in the gimp.

Hope I made myself clear this time.

-Joseph

Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

Pepster <pepster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Slashdot has the "Story" about this -
http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~yweiss/Colorization/

I assume that to implement it one needs the color+timestamp for each
drawn pixel. Is that at all possible to do in a gimp plugin?

I don't see why this should not be possible to do in a plug-in. But I
don't understand your comment about the timestamp.

Sven