Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP and multiple processors

Hi,

Jay Cox <jaycox@xxxxxxxx> writes:

>> Now that this race condition is eliminated I might look into adding
>> hooks to the pixel-processor to allow initialisation of per-thread
>> data, like for example a GRand.
>
> I think that is the correct way to do it.  It should be done generaly
> enough so that the histogram code can be moved over to use the
> pixel_region_process_parallel functions.

The histogram code does already use the threaded pixel-processor. You
think we could simplify the code? IMO the current solution isn't all
that bad. But I haven't benchmarked it so I don't really know...

I tried to introduce the per-thread initialization code today but
figured that it adds quite some complexity. It could certainly be done
but I don't see much need for it any longer.

Sven