Re: [Gimp-developer] Makefile fix for srcdir != objdir

On 26.02.2005, at 20:23, Sven Neumann wrote:

Looks like the wrong fix to me. Instead we should change the Makefiles
to look for the generated files in the right spot (and .. isn't the
right spot).

Actually .. is the right spot since make is moving in and out of the objdir. However I can see why you would prefer an obsolute path, that's why I was asking this question.

Anyway, libtool is using objdir for it's internal object
management which is for instance some .libs directory on Linux
machines, so we can pretty much forget about using this. Instead
we'd need a new variable into the game and the closest I can
think of is far nastier than three relative paths which at least
won't require major surgery.

Servus,
      Daniel