Re: [Gimp-developer] Builds with SRCDIR != OBJDIR broken

On 20.02.2005, at 19:29, Sven Neumann wrote:

Anyone here who can fix that with some Makefile-fu?

Why do you think those files would be looked for in $(srcdir)?

Because the compiler complained that it couldn't find the files in $(srcdir), so what I did was copying them over one-by-one from the object directory to the source directory when the make process aborted because of it. That only happened for exactly those files mentioned; I copied there names from the history of my shell.

BTW: The menus preprocessing also didn't work because of this,
I had to copy over the .in files from $(srcdir) to the build
tree in order for the target to build and install. It didn't
bail out though, I first noticed this when starting The GIMP.

Servus,
      Daniel