Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP and multiple processors

Sven Neumann wrote:

Daniel Egger <de@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hm, there's still no idea floating around how to benchmark.

There are very clear ideas on how to do it. Someone just needs to sit
down and write the script (or dig out script-fu-bench.scm which is
what we used to use a long time ago).

It would be nice to have a copy of that old script-fu-bench.scm script. I used to have a copy with one of my versions of GIMP. It isn't in CVS and I can't find it on the net. If someone has the script I'd like to get a copy of it.

Even if we had the old script-fu-bench script around I don't think its the best choice to do the benchmarking tests which are currently needed. It is something I (or someone knowledgeable in Script-Fu or another GIMP scripting language) could write. It would be helpful to have a list of GIMP features/functions to use which would make call the code which needs to be benchmarked.

--
Cheers!

Packet:ve3syb@ve3yra.#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"