Re: [Gimp-developer] plugin defaults - where to put them?

Pepster wrote:

> My plugin have various user selectable configuration settings.
>
> Right now, I use ~/.gimp-2.2/gimprc to store the defaults.
>
> I am not sure if it is correct to fill up gimprc in this way, and no
> setting is saved between sessions.
>
> So, Is there a better/recommended way for plugins to store such data in the
> gimp? Is there a recommended practice for saving loading such settings?

We are developing a mechanism for plug-ins to save settings and configuration
information for GIMP 2.4, but there isn't one in 2.2.  Using gimprc will
certainly not work.  Right now if you need to do this, the only approach
is for the plug-in to create and read its own files, and there is nothing
that would prevent this.

Best,
  -- Bill

Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu