[Gimp-developer] choosing default file open handler with multiple handlers

Hi,

When there are several plugins registering handlers for the same file extension, what/who exactly determines who ends up as the default handler?

(I want to be able to force my own preference as to what is the default, without success so far. Tried changing the plugins names, their order in pluginrc - all to no avail)

I tried looking at the code but it's not obvious ...

Thanks, Joseph