Re: [Gimp-developer] Color manager plugin 0.0.10 released

I tested this today.  Here is what I found:

1. There are significant improvements over 0.0.9 and it no longer
crashes when selecting a non-default profiles directory.  But it does
not allow the user to select profiles from this non-default profiles
directory.  I would rather that this default to a system wide location
for profiles.

2. It now finds monitor profiles and allows the user to select these
from the display profile drop down list.  It does not remember the
monitor profile however after the plugin is closed.  I believe that it
currently does nothing with them.

3. The work space profile function now works.  As does the Embed WS
profile function.

4. It correctly displays the profile embedded in the image.

5. The user interface is still confusing.  When the user clicks on
apply profile it is not clear what will happen.  If Input is selected
for transformation and the user selects Apply Profile what happens?
Does this convert from the embedded profile to the input profile or
from the input profile to the working space profile? Or ...?  Same for
output.  What is being converted and to what?

6. There is a need for someplace to set the color management policies.
And this plugin does not support that functionality.

--
Hal V. Engel