Re: [Gimp-developer] file handling, something for GIMP 2.4 ?

Maybe when accessing files through gnome-vfs files are copied to the
local system and then opened so that plugins or file ops that need to
access the file directly can.

Regardless of how it's done, emphasis should be put on what the user
expects to happen.  In this case (IMHO as a user) the user expects
that if they can access and view the file on a sftp connection to a
remote server (through say, EOG or nautilus), they should be able to
use the gimp on the same file.

BTW, gimp 2 kicks ass, keep up the good work devs!