Re: [Gimp-developer] xtns->extras ?

Sven Neumann (sven@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
> "Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris" <gwidion@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > a few weeks ago I wrote mentioning that it might be a good idea
> > to rename the "Xtns" menu entry to "Extras".
>
> If it was that simple. There are however lots of scripts and plug-ins,
> that are out of our control, who are adding to the <Toolbox>/Xtns
> menu.  Changing the name of the menu in GIMP would cause two menu
> entries to appear in the toolbox: Extras and Xtns.

Maybe there could be a workaround until we decide to break binary
compatibility. I am not sure if the following would work, but maybe we
can ask the translators to translate "Xtns" as "Extras", this should
tackle the problem when the Gimp messages get translated (i.e. the user
starts Gimp with LC_MESSAGES != "C" or "POSIX").

Is this a crack idea?

Bye,
        Simon
--