Re: [Gimp-developer] jpeg-exif continued

Sven:
> I agree that for a C plug-in a library is easier to use but we will
> also have to care about plug-ins written in other languages. Making
> the functionality available in the PDB solves this nicely. What we
> usually do is to provide wrappers that let the procedure call appear
> as a simple function call.

This is only relevant to file plug-ins.  It didn't occur to me that
they would ever be written in anything except C, but if that is a
reasonable possibility, then I accept the argument.

Sven:
> Well, how is the save plug-in supposed to know that it needs to change
> the orientation field upon saving? Only when the image is rotated,
> during load, is this information available. Or am I missing something
> here?

The orientation is *always* supposed to be set to "top-left" when an
image is saved, on the principle that after the user has edited
the image in GIMP, the orientation is the way the user wants it.
Only a camera should ever set it to anything other than "top-left".

  -- Bill

Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu