Re: [Gimp-developer] jpeg-exif development summary

Hi William ;),

> > ASCII isn't a reasonable encoding for names. I strongly hope the EXIF
> > spec doesn't define this as ASCII.
>
> The spec defines it as ASCII.  Before you get too outraged, please bear
> in mind that the EXIF spec was created in Japan, where they were certainly
> aware of the significance of what they were doing.

I'm afraid they weren't :(. I didn't know that EXIF came out from Japan,
shame on them to make a spec with ASCII strings when nowadays it
should be UTF-8. In what year was the spec defined?

regards,

--
David GÃmez                                      Jabber ID: davidge@xxxxxxxxxx