Re: [Gimp-developer] A way to do 16 bits?

On 16.12.2004, at 02:13, Sven Neumann wrote:

The point you are missing is that we can't expect GEGL to mature into
anything useable if we continue to not using it. The only way to make
things happen is to do them. I am certainly not going to accept any
such kludges in GIMP since we should finally get around to do the
right thing (TM). We've been waiting for this too long already.

I would say that any subproject paving the way for GEGL integration is worthwhile, especially if that lightens the way for the integration. If someone like Bill wants to make the current code more generic so that a more dynamic system can be more easily integrated later, that'd be a big plus.

Servus,
      Daniel