Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Scissors tool

GSR - FR wrote:

Of course, in past years the algoritms have evolved, see for example
the concept of freehand sketch selection:
http://vision.ai.uiuc.edu/~tankh/Selection/selection.html

This is the second time I have seen something which really only exist as a research paper but would be really nice to have as a GIMP plug-in. I wonder if there is enough information in the PDF files to allow the creation of a plug-in to implement the algorithm described. The other paper was related to some impressive noise reduction in images.