Re: [Gimp-developer] Judging panel for splashes

Sven wrote:

> The winning splash should be
>
> [ . . . ]
>
> - useable as a splash
>
>      It needs to have a blank or very low-contrast area at the bottom
>      that is large enough to hold the progress texts we show at
>      startup. Large enough even for a slightly larger font.

Since painting a solid or nearly solid rectangle on the bottom
is quite an easy operation, a splash candidate would not necessarily
need to be rejected on this basis.  I feel that this is worth mentioning
because several of the most popular candidates have this problem.

In any case, I feel that the committee is well chosen, and I don't
really have any worries that they will pick something that is unusable.

Best,
  -- Bill

Sent via the KillerWebMail system at primate.ucdavis.edu