Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp Plug-in for Retrieving Text Layers

.

> > There is one thing to do - The plug-in have to manage text layers
> > on it's side, creating itsef the parasites it need to store the
> > information. - Just like the old Dyn text. Then, the standard
> > text-tool api can be used. The plug-in won't know about any other
> > text layers but the ones it creates, thought.
>
> Why should a plug-in do this? Plug-ins shouldn't have to deal with
> the hacks that GIMP uses to extend the XCF file format. These hacks
> might change at anytime and should become part of the API.

Sorry Sven, I am afraid I was broadly misunderstood here.
When I speak of parasites above, I am talking of parasites as they
intend to be used: extra data that can be used by the plug-in. My
idea above is that the plug-in stores the information it needs about
which text layers exist on the image, and their content, on it's onw
- on a parasite it creates for its own use.
When a text changes - on the plug-in interface, it just deletes the
text layer and create a new one.

I cannot figure out any other way of a plug-in managing text layers
right now.