Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: [Gimp-user] Re: [Gimp-announce] 2.2 splash screen competition

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 11:11:21AM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

> I wouldn't wait for this to happen if I was you. The news system
> hasn't been resurrected for several months so I am pretty sure that
> the contest section has a similar unsolveable problem. We should use
> what's available but sorry, the mailing-lists won't work.

from the Changelog.

2004-11-29  Helvetix Victorinox  <helvetix@xxxxxxxx>

        * Cut over to the new (old) news system.

let me see if i can sum up what has happened.  please correct me if i am
wrong.

gimp has a completed web site which was put on hold until people could
     their things off from the old computer

gimp web team dis-assembles some to try to put together something for
     gimpcon2 in berlin at the ccc camp

the web site becomes disassembled by someone else for reasons that are
    still not answered

the old working pieces do not get moved because the new head of the web
    team was more respectful and simply disappeared (instead of having
    opinions and trouble and quitting)

everything waits for this new/gone yet not quit leader

now it is too late?

please fix this information.  i know it must be wrong.  it looks like
someone has been acting emotionally and not doing the right thing for
the wrong reasons.

carol