Re: [Gimp-developer] question regarding Order of Menu items

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, miriam clinton (iriXx) wrote:

> What i'm questioning here is - does this order of menu mean that one can
> set one's own menu preferences? (a piece of functionality I hadn't
> realised was there) or is this just a programming issue?

If you are on *nix, you can do a 'man gimprc'

In my case I wished to have the default interpolation selection set to

Cubic (Best)

and thanks to Sven, I added this to the bottom of my .gimp-2.2/gimprc file

(interpolation-type cubic)

Other corresspondents suggest it can be done through the File->Preferences
dialogue  but as yet I haven't found that

Presumeably the Windows version gimprc file can be amended likewise.

Owen