Re: [Gimp-developer] The GIMP at 21C3

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:36:53 -0200, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
<gwidion@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Friday 26 November 2004 05:02, Laxminarayan Kamath wrote:
>
> > Hey, i sent a message previously , it dint come on the list,
> > resending- There is a huge Linux/OSS fest/fair/expo about to happen
> > in Bangalore- The IT capital of India on Decmber 1,2,3 . Wish GIMP
> > was there. if u cant come , please at least try next time .
> > Checkout
> > linux-bangalore.org/2004 for more details
>
> Huh?
> How there "if u cant come"? Do you think The GIMP is Oracle or Novell
> or something? If you want GIMP people to go, you should at least send
> formal invitations, and if  you want that they'd show up, these
> invitations better come with the transportation and hosting fees
> paid.
> I understand that you shall be an individual person, and probable
> can't afford for it alone - but them you could try to get the
> sponsorship for it with a corporation, and get them to contact the
> developers.
> Regards,
>         JS
>         -><-

OH! sorry, forgive me for informal invitations. It is a completely
community driven event. So I had thought I would just popularise it .
Remember - This was completely my decision. The official managers are
not even of the knowledge of this invitation. Rather , this was not at
all an invitation. This was a friend saying "HEY ! There is a Bond
movie going on in that theatre and I am going. Just wanted you to
know. It is a very good , must see movie"
. Thats all.
( Apologizes again,)

Laxminarayan Kamath Ammembal
MithraKoota, Bhoja Rao Lane,