Re: [Gimp-developer] Image reference count problem in plugin

Michael Natterer wrote:

Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> writes:

Here's the example you gave:

 gint newImage = gimp_file_load (...);
 gimp_displays_reconnect (oldImage, newImage);
 gimp_image_delete (oldImage);

That last line is wrong since you never owned a reference on that
image and it is already gone at that point. It should read instead:

 gint newImage = gimp_file_load (...);
 gimp_displays_reconnect (oldImage, newImage);
 gimp_image_delete (newImage);

It's impossible to call gimp_image_delete() on an image which has
a display, so both above pieces of code won't work. and in
fact this is impossible to get right with the current
implementation of gimp_displays_reconnect().

(Note: I haven't updated to 2.2pre yet, I'm still running 2.0.3.) In fact, if I remove the gimp_image_delete(oldImage), then the old image does not get removed when the display is reconnected.

If anyone wants to investigate further, the code is at:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/fileSeq.html

--
David Hodson  --  this night wounds time