Re: [Gimp-developer] fresh cvs gimp-gap and cvs gimp-2.2 crash

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 11:03:01PM +0100, Popolon wrote:
> fresh cvs gimp-gap dosn't compile anymore with gimp-2.0.
>
> I tried to compile it with fresh cvs (today cvs) That's OK, but it
> definitivly crash with unknown symbols, is there anything special to do,
> for using it?

hi,

i answered this a few days ago.  apparently my suggestion was good, my
reasons were not.

wolfgang sent me this:
here are my notes on a recent gimp-developer
posting:  "fresh cvs gimp-gap and cvs gimp-2.2 crash"

(I am not subscribed and read the list via archive,
but you may forward my comments to the list)

current CVS gimp-gap is NOT backwards compatible
with GIMP-2.0.x. It requires at least GIMP-2.1.7

(because it now uses some of the new GIMP widgets:
gimp_frame_new
gimp_image_combo_box_new
)

the gap configure.in file still checks for gimp-2.0
(this is a bug)

Wolfgang.

--- Begin Message ---
Hi Carol

here are my notes on a recent gimp-developer
posting:
"fresh cvs gimp-gap and cvs gimp-2.2 crash"

(I am not subscribed and read the list via archive,
but you may forward my comments to the list)

current CVS gimp-gap is NOT backwards compatible
with GIMP-2.0.x. It requires at least GIMP-2.1.7

(because it now uses some of the new GIMP widgets:
gimp_frame_new
gimp_image_combo_box_new
)

the gap configure.in file still checks for gimp-2.0
(this is a bug)

Wolfgang.

--- End Message ---