Re: [Gimp-developer] first impressions of GIMP 2.0

shaneyfelt@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I don't think a lot of people would prefer a scrolling menubar over
the ability to always reach the image menu using the right mouse
button.

Those who are new wouldn't know to right-click, and their voice
is not heard here. If we want GIMP to gain popularity, it has to appeal to users on their first encounter.

My logic detector must be broken. You are complaining that people who do not know they can right click will be disappointed because if they ever do right click they are going to get a menu instead of something they were never going to get because they didn't know to right click?

The original implication was that by somehow making the menu bar 'scrollable' that the right click menu could be something else.

Chris