Re: [Gimp-developer] New Plugin Developer Looking for a decent upto date tutorial

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 09:45:58PM -0400, Stefan Gueorguiev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just joined this mailing list mainly because I have some cool ideas
> about two plugins that I want to realize. I finally have enough
> knowlidge and time to do it. This is something I am very eager to do
> mainly beacause I want to contribute to this great project, even if it
> is this small bit.
>
> However I have encountered a problem. I was looking for a Plugin
> development tutorial, and I found some, two from the gimp webpage and
> some more googling but the problem with those is they are all outdated
> (most of them were for versions 1.1 and  1.2), so I was wondering if
> anyone knows the location of something more upto date. It does not
> have to be exactly a tutorial, but the plugins I have in mind are
> rather complex (at least to me) and I have no idea where to start so
> the API will not quite do it.

one thing that always will help is to look at the source of the plug-ins
that do similar things.

http://developer.gimp.org/plug-in-template.html has really reduced many
of the questions and problems.

http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/gimp/guadec2002/gimp-plugin/html/

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/#Script would be a good place to look for
scripting help.

perhaps dave neary will pop up with a url to his notes from the
conference this year.

looking at the examples in the source is probably going to be the very
best help.

welcome aboard,
carol