Re: [Gimp-developer] Bug...or do we turn it into a feature?

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris" <gwidion@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I just came across  a GIMP behavior that although is a programing
> error, I have liked, and as it may be hard to fix, it could be
> documented to become more a feature than a bug.
>
> It has to do with Quick Mask: If one enables it, and while it is on,
> click to select a new working drawable (either in the Layers or in
> the dialogs channel), the QuickMask will still be visible, but
> drawing will take place on the newly selected drawable.

How is that a bug? QuickMask is just a regular channel. The button in
the lower left of the image window is just a shortcut to using a
channel to edit the selection mask. Nothing but a quicker UI for it.

> It seems the only way to come back to the quickmask is to togle it
> off and on back.

Or by choosing the Qmask channel in the Channel tabs of course.

Sven