Re: [Gimp-developer] Image restoration plugin

Selon Tor Lillqvist <tml@xxxxxx>:
> Hmm, do you maybe mean effective and not efficient?
>
> Also, the result has an eerie "artistic" or "oilpaintingish" look to
> it. But I am sure all denoising algorithms always have some artefacts.
Yes, it's true that those algorithms are quite slow, even on fast machine.
Moreover, denoising part often requires some tests before having acceptable
results (which is somewhat subjective). Fine-tuning parameters on slow machines
is really painful (some may say unusable).

I'm for instance focussed on inpainting removal, since it gives rather good
results, and it's simple to use.

Regards,
--
Thierry Pierron