Re: [Gimp-developer] fonts

Nathan Summers schrieb:

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:47:52 -0700, William Skaggs
<weskaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

3) How do you add fonts in Windows, and what types of fonts can GIMP use
there?

The easiest way is to drag the file onto the Fonts directory and let
the shell do its magic.  Unless you've done something creative, it's
probably in its default location of C:\windows\fonts or
C:\winnt\fonts.  Sometimes double-clicking on a font will install it
as well as display it; sometimes it only displays it.  I don't know
what the pattern is.

Fonts files that can be installed have an "Install" entry in their context menu, too. Additionally, copy&paste of fonts files works as well.

I would imagine that GIMP can use any type of font on Windows that
FreeType can handle, although figuring out how to install fonts that
Windows can't handle natively is left as an exercise for the reader.

I hope that the docs will describe that arbitrary other font directories can be added in GIMP's preferences.

HTH,
Michael

--
The GIMP > http://www.gimp.org    | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp