Re: [Gimp-developer] on splitting things off

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Carol Spears wrote:

> Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:02:16 -0700
> From: Carol Spears <carol@xxxxxxxx>
> To: David Neary <bolsh@xxxxxxxx>,
>      GIMPDev <gimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] on splitting things off
>
> hello,

> my experience with gimp is different than dave neary is talking about.
> he is saying that if you dont get everything at one time, you will not
> get it.  when i first started to use gimp, it was so much fun to go
> online and "shop" (for lack of a better term) for new and fun things for
> gimp that were on several different web sites -- each with its own
> personality.  much more the pleasure when i got to meet those web site
> owners later online and even more in real life this year.

> gimp-perl gets installed now by debian for gimp-2.0 and i tried to
> install it for gimp-2.1.
>
> people who want gimp-python will go and install it.

When using the University computers I'm pretty much stuck with what the
systems adminstrator installs and they is almost always only the defaults.

Most users will rate the gimp based on what it includes by default.
If something is not there by default is missing.

I can understand that some people relish hunting for all sorts of
different add-ons (sometimes I feel like doing that too) but I dont think
most people do.

- Alan