[Gimp-developer] Bugzilla user-watching

Hi all,

There has been a change in policy in bugzilla since the upgrade
which makes handling bugs much easier, but isn't yet widely
known.

For anyone who wants to follow bugzilla, but who isn't on the
bugs@xxxxxxxx alias, there is a new method to get at that
information. An added benefit is that you don't get any spam sent
to bugs@xxxxxxxx too, and an administrator doesn't have to add
you to a text file somewhere.

Simply go to your user preferences in bugzilla, and add
bugs@xxxxxxxx to the list of users you are watching. Check all
the boxes so that you get a notification mail when the user is
added as a CC, assigned a bug, reports a bug, comments on a bug
or receives a mail from a bug someone else commented on. You can
also reduce the volume of mail by removing some of those.

The new procedure for product aliases in Bugzilla is similar -
create a new bugzilla user (Bugzilla maintainers can do this
without there actually being a mail account at the other end)
with an address ending in @bugzilla.gnome.org (example:
gimp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or gimp-docs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), set
that user to be automatically assigned bugs for the relevant
modules, and get everyone interested in the module to watch the
user.

I think this is great, since it removes one layer of
administration from the loop for people who want to follow a
product.

In fact, I'm like to reccommend removing everyone from
bugs@xxxxxxxx, and using watching instead for GIMP bugs. What do
people think?

Cheers,
Dave.