Re: [Gimp-developer] OSX app-bundle-ability of gimp and other gtk2 apps

Martin Costabel wrote:
Brion Vibber wrote:
Martin Costabel wrote:
Unfortunately, gimp-app does not give any information whether the gtk build needed to be configured differently. If gimp-app were open source in the sense of the GPL (which it pretends to be but isn't), you could just look at the sources from which it was built and see for yourself.

If you believe something is missing from the package, please e-mail Aaron Voisine and ask him about it.

I think it is good standard practice, in particular on sourceforge where there is plenty of space, not to wait until users request sources, but to publish them alongside with the binaries. I don't see any sources on the gimp-app site; maybe I didn't look at the right place?

Are you going to sit around and pout, or are you going to let Aaron know that you think something is missing so he can fix it?

Reporting problems to the maintainer is good standard practice, in particular in the FOSS world where many things are done by volunteers in their spare time.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)