Re: [Gimp-developer] CMS PDBs in CinePaint/GIMP

Hi,

Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx> writes:

> As long as there is somthing simple possible like:
>
> #define cinepaint_func gimp-func
>
> #namespace_GIMP
>   gimp_func (whatever_You_like, arguments);
> #endif
> #namespace_CinePaint
>   cinepaint_func (whatever_You_like, arguments);
> #endif
>
> possible, I think all is fine.

I wouldn't call such a mess fine. But if you think so...

The real question here is if the API is sane, fits our needs and goes
well with the rest of the GIMP API.  So if you want to suggest that we
consider something similar to the CinePaint API, you should show us
that API.

> Do You have any concerns using gimp_func(....) in CinePaint?

Yes indeed and I have expressed these concerns in the past. The GIMP
namespace and the GIMP fileformats are reserved for use by the GIMP
project and shouldn't be abused by other apps. Do I really need to
explain the purpose of namespaces?

Sven